EVENTS – RESTAURANTS – ACTIVITES – NEWS – RECIPES
We hope you all are enjoying your winter so far! Not too much longer to go, will the groundhog see his shadow? We have some great events coming up this month for you guys and we are so excited to share some news as well!
. . . . .
For Later Events: GO HERE
We have some very exciting news to share with you! If you don’t follow us on Instagram, you might not have heard, but we are now managing TWO new homes. We are super excited for this and expanding our company. Details on the two homes are below:
ORCA MANOR: Sleeps 11, 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms
Located in Seal Rock, OR
Nightly rate starting at $325
THE EDGEWATER: Sleeps 16, 6 bathrooms, 3.5 baths
Located in Depot Bay, OR – Nightly rate starting at $695
Can book now for stays beginning after August 17, 2020
We are so excited to broaden our scope of homes beyond the Newport/Seal Rock/Waldport area! This is our first home outside of that area and are excited to see what comes from this.
This month, we are so excited to talk about the Newport Seafood & Wine Festival! It is THE event of the year. There are many booths at the festival containing wine, seafood, crafts, and art. There also is a wine makers contest among many other fun events! A couple of our homes still have availability if you want a last minute weekend getaway:
- ORCA MANOR
- BIG BLUE
What to expect at the event:
- Shuttles to and from numerous hotels and popular places around town, plus an increase in taxis available.
- Over 150 Northwest wines, foods, and artisans
- Amateur wine competition
- Ticket includes 1 commemorative wine glass
RESTAURANT HIGHLIGHT: (sort-of a restaurant) Newport Candy Shoppe
If you’ve stayed at any of our homes in the past year or so, you will have been greeted with a cute small box of saltwater taffy! We get our taffy locally from Newport Candy Shoppe, and they make it right on site! Can’t get much better than that. We love their taffy and all of the fun flavors that they offer. Go check them out to satisfy your sweet tooth.
RECIPE – HAZELNUT FINANCIERS
-Maggie Peterson with help by Karissa Courtney
NOTE: These did not turn out perfectly. We accidentally filled the molds too much and so they turned out a bit muffin-y. Because of this, we only made 8, instead of 12. That being said, they still tasted absolutely delicious and paired very nicely with coffee!
1/3 C hazelnuts
6 tbsp unsalted butter (European butter is even better)
1 1/4 C confectioners’ sugar
1/2 C all-purpose flour
1/2 C ground hazelnuts (we ground them up in a coffee grinder)
1/2 tsp baking powder
5 egg whites, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Pour the whole hazelnuts onto a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 10 minutes. To tell if they are done, cut in half: it should be golden brown inside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, brown the butter
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, flour, ground hazelnuts, and baking powder
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the butter and egg whites. Stir until completely mixed.
- Increase the oven temperature to 375 degrees F. Place the silicone financier molds on a baking sheet and fill each mold just short of the rim. Add whole hazelnuts to the top.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, then cool for 10 minutes. Eat warm.
Thanks for reading!